Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Kentucky Derby Winners Viz

After attending #Data14 the Tableau Conference it came to my attention after a session from Jewel and Crew that I should start sharing out all my #WeirdData that I enjoy viz'ing? I hemmed and hawwed about what kind of viz to do so I figured I would start with one from Kentucky (my current home). Here in Kentucky we love three things above all else... Basketball, Bourbon, and Horse Racing.

The Kentucky Derby is one of the oldest continually running horse races in the world. The data set there is pretty expansive but I was amazed at how hard it was to find. The data I ended up using I scraped from a couple Wiki's and I have some other data that I may enhance this with later (such as Purse collected). For now though enjoy playing with my first ever blog post and my first ever Tableau Public Viz. Comments/suggestions welcome! @wjking0



No comments:

Post a Comment