Friday, January 13, 2017

Boozey Kentucky Locations Viz


This is part of my #1YearOfViz series! Check out the archive here: http://bourbonandbrains.blogspot.com/p/one-year-of-dataviz.html

First off I wanted to say that I had a BLAST as one of the first ever presenters at the Lexington Tableau Users Group! I did a presentation about Public Data for Public Good. I'll be doing a subsequent blog post once I get the video a little better produced and I'll post that here on the blog as well! In the meantime here's a couple pictures from it and a very nice tweet after I got done!




I'm hoping to do this again soon with some other organizations (particularly some newspaper groups) and really spread the love of public data and the #1YearOfViz around!

Let's get into this week's viz. I scraped the Kentucky Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC) database of liquor licenses. I was really hoping there would be some interesting data to crunch out of it and was kind of let down. I think one of the most interesting realizations that came out of this data was that Kroger was the largest liquor license holder in the state at 300 licenses!

As with the typical vizzes I publish like this EVERYTHING is clickable and sortable. The only section that doesn't reformat the data is the color coding of the liquor license types. If you'd like to sort by those please click up on the numerical values above the color pallet to do so. Hop on in and find out who owns the most liquor licenses in your zip code!



As always please hit me up on twitter @wjking0 if you have any questions or comments!

Also be sure to check out next week as I'm working on something special based on my fave YouTuber Casey Neistat!

No comments:

Post a Comment